last transfer, last area, last comp - Brusque week 71

can i just start off by saying goodbyes are the absolute worst?  i thought saying goodbye to family would be hard but little did i know the mission is just 18 months full of goodbyes and every time it gets harder.  with each area i leave behind, my heart breaks a little bit more.  but i am very aware of how blessed i am to have people in my life that make the goodbyes so hard.

so to recap these last few weeks in Lages...
1. my comp and i got fleas last week for the 2nd time on my mission.  but hey i wouldn't feel at home in Lages if i didn't have fleas, or lice for that matter! haha!  but it's all good cause through our greatest afflictions brings greater joy:)  and i'll try not to bring my little friends back to Utah with me!
2. many thanks to an anonymous donor from back home, a humble family here in Lages now have a fridge AND a kitchen table. they were so happy and the mom, cristina told me with tears in her eyes that she has been praying to her heavenly father that they would find a way to pay their rent, as well as buy a much needed fridge and kitchen table.  so thank you, thank you, thank you!  i love when prayers in Lages, Brazil are heard in Draper, Utah.  God is good people.
3. speaking of answered prayers, this past week i have been praying to find a family with potential. on thursday we received a call from the bishop of another ward. he gave us a referral of a family with 5 kids. the parents had been to church over 20 years ago, and have now asked if they could meet with the missionaries again. just another little example of the power of our faith and a sincere prayer.
4. and to finish things off, i received the news on friday during my interview with president that i was going to be transferred to Brusque (pronounced 'brewski" haha)  he told me that although my mission is coming to an end, it's clearly not over.  he said it would have been easier to leave me in Lages for my last transfer with the people whom i have grown to love, but he felt strongly that the Lord needs me in Brusque and that i would come to know my purpose.  so here we are in my 5th area, 10th companion, and just 6 short weeks left as a full time representative of Christ.  a bittersweet experience to say the least.

just a quick shoutout to my awesome ward and friends in Lages that threw me a surprise goodbye party last night. lots of tears were shed for my beloved Lageanos, my comp and my roomies.  i will miss them all too much!!

lots of pics because lots of love

have a good week folks!
loves, sista kener













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"by faith all things are fulfilled" - Lages week 66

Can someone please point me in the direction of Draper, Utah? - Lages week 8

my last email - Brusque week 77