Spiritual Prison - CTM weeks 1 and 2


IM ALIVE. its been a long 11 day haul to email but im almost two weeks in! the ctm is a great place and no doubt has thee coolest instructors, faculty and missionaries obvi. brazillians are hilarious!! i for reals have never laughed so hard in my life. none of them know how to pronounce my last name either so its fun to watch them try.
days at the ctm are fairly long... they are so jam packed with lessons and studying that i never ever ever have any free time. safe to say i never fully realized the reality of having a constant companion, learning a foreign language or having a crazy structured schedule. I literally cherish my bathroom and shower time. learning a language is super frustrating i wont lie. but im trying to stay positive and know that the `dom de linguas` will come when it comes! ok so kind of crazy story on sunday my comp fainted while we were walking up the stairs (i caught her tho ok super heroic) and we got to take a little roadtrip to the brazil hospital!! A nice little prison break, for me at least lol. I got to ride in an ambulance w a brazillian that spoke zero english and im trying to send videos but i dont know if it will work! so i realize now that i dont sound super sympathetic but sister carter is A-OK!! just a little homesick and some fasting gone wrong 😁 shes had some hard days and at times i was convinced she was gonna leave me but i think i convinced her to stay.. for now at least so all good in the hood. my companaida goes to the counselor almost every day which means i also get the privilege of sitting in on her therapy sessions hahah. it gets weird at times. we went to the temple today which was a cool experience! we were there for like 5 hours but its fine im fine. we had to take an hour bus ride to get there and i got super sick but it made me realize how lucky we are to live so close to sooo many temples! dont take it for granted. my district is awesome tho and ive gotten super close to all of them! my testimony grows everyday and ive never read the scriptures or prayed more in my entire life but im learning so much!! there are good days and bad days but the good ALWAYS outweighs the bad. god is good ppl. tchau! -sista kener








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"by faith all things are fulfilled" - Lages week 66

"divinely redirected" - Lages week 68

Can someone please point me in the direction of Draper, Utah? - Lages week 8