"Reinos de gloria" - Lages week 16

hello gringos!
i thought i would start by saying the fleas have gone, prayers were answered.  i didn't have any crazy spiritual experiences or baptisms this week, but i did see my first transgender prostitute when getting home a little too late one night.  i started freaking out at my comp and she laughed at me and said "what you don't see that every day in Utah?"  um, no not really!!!!
funny experience with one of my investigators Rudimar while teaching him about the Plan of Salvation.  i was talking about the kingdoms of glory when he stopped me and said "so kinda like the United States then Canada, then Brazil, and then Cuba? in order from the celestial kingdom to hell?"  Haha, well that's one way to look at it I guess!  parabens Rudimar!
another funny thing, for some reason sis aguiar has called me "baby alive", not really sure why.  but somehow the word spread to my bishopric and now they all call me sister baby kener!  i sure lucked out with this ward, they're the coolest.
in all honesty tho, i haven't had tons of success on the mission thus far.  at times it has been really discouraging.  but if it took me serving a mission for my own conversion, then it was/is ALL worth it! i am learning for the first time what faith in Christ means.  this gospel truly is incredible! i am feeling extra grateful to have grown up in this church, and so grateful i am able to share the gospel with the people of Brazil!

"as coisas vao dar certo, continue tentando, acredite, seja feliz, não, desanime, as coisas vao dar certo" - Gordon B. Hinckley

(translation: "Keep trying.  Be believing, be happy.  Don't get discouraged.  Things will work out.")

thanks for all the love and support.  miss and love you all!
tchau! 
sista kener




IMG_2391.JPG











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"by faith all things are fulfilled" - Lages week 66

"divinely redirected" - Lages week 68

Can someone please point me in the direction of Draper, Utah? - Lages week 8