the heat is on! - Rio Tavares week 37

it's soooo hot here!  i sleep with a wet towel and put icy hot all over my body, but it doesn't help.  i'm jealous of all the snow back home! the bugs are a force to be reckoned with as well, lets just say Amber Kilgore would not do well here haha! 

we're still kind of figuring out this new area.  the people can't say kener so they call me kinder ovo, cause apparently that's easier to say? go figure.  we do a lot of knocking, but not a lot of talking.  the people don't seem to be as nice here, but the members are great! we did have a baptism this week in our ward so that was cool and there is a nice American family in my ward who is from Saratoga Springs, Utah!  never underestimate the power of a friendly face!  my comp sis mendes has some limitations walking, so she wasn't super happy with me making her walk to the top of the hill to knock a door, but no pain, no gain, is the english phrase im teaching her.
all in all, things are good here and i'm looking forward to getting to work in my area!

enjoy the snow back home! love you all a brazilian!

sista kener

Pics:
1. sis mendes
2. unhappy sis mendes
3. my new name
4. not amber approved
5. Rio Tavares
6. ward baptism
7. americans from utah!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"by faith all things are fulfilled" - Lages week 66

"divinely redirected" - Lages week 68

Can someone please point me in the direction of Draper, Utah? - Lages week 8